Many people want strong and healthy hair especially as they grow older. So, in this article we have covered the best hair regrowth tips which actually works for you.
1. Interestingly HAIR GROWS AROUND 0.5 INCHES (1.25CM) PER MONTH AND 6 INCHES (15CM) PER YEAR.
2. How fast it grows depends on factors like age, health, genetics and diet.
3. Eating a balanced diet with the right nutrients will enhance the hair growth. So, in this article you can know the complete hair regrowth tips.
SOME OF THE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT “HAIR”
1. Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis (inner layer of the skin).
2. It is primarily composed of protein called ALPHA- KERATIN.
3. Hair growth begins inside the hair follicle.
It follows a specific growth cycle with” 3 “distinct and concurrent phases.
1) Anagen phase- lasts 2-8 years
2) Catagen phase- where hair stops growing lasts 4-6 weeks.
3) Telogen phase- where hair falls out lasts 2-3 months; all these phases occur simultaneously.
Each has specific characteristics that determine the length of the hair.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE HAIR GROWTH
1. Age, health, diet, hormones, seasonal changes and climate.
2. Trauma, stress, anxiety also affect growth
REASON: It reduces the blood and oxygen supply to the scalp, which is essential to healthy hair.
*According to KIDS HEALTH, it’s normal to lose between 50 – 100 hairs a day.
In order to grow hair faster, there should be minimal hair loss. Hence will discuss some features about hair loss like causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
CAUSES FOR HAIR LOSS
1. The most common cause is hereditary male or female pattern baldness.
2. Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
3. Medical conditions like thyroid disease, alopecia areate (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles) and some scalp infections.
4. A diet lacking in protein, iron and other nutrients can lead to thinning hair.
To know more about the causes of hair loss, read the complete article.
1. 1st cause of treatment for hair loss is medication.
2. Most common products contain an ingredient called minoxidil.
3. Oral medication like finasteride for male or female pattern baldness can be advised.
4. These may have few side effects, hence should be used under dermatologist advice.
Also, know the best 4 hair regrowth treatment options for you.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
1. Avoid tight hair styles, which put too much pressure on hair.
2. Avoid blow dryers, hair straighteners, coloring products etc.
3. Make sure you have a balanced diet and getting adequate amount of iron and protein.
4. Hereditary hair loss may be more difficult to treat but certain procedures such as hair transplantation can help reduce the appearance of baldness.
5. Talk to your doctor to explore all your options to lessen the effects of hair loss.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HAIR GROW STRONGER AND FASTER [2 Imp Parameters]
1) EGGS – Great source of protein and biotin, two nutrients that may promote hair growth.
2) BERRIES – rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
E.g; strawberries- rich in vitamin c, which aids collagen production and iron absorption.
3) SPINACH – rich in folate, iron, vit A and C.
4) FISH – great sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
5) SWEET POTATOES – loaded with vit A which helps in sebum production and also help speed up the rate of hair growth.
6) AVOCADOS – rich in vit E.
7) NUTS – rich in vit E, B, Zn and essential fatty acids.
8) SEEDS– rich in vit E
E.g; sunflower seeds and flax seeds
9) BEANS– great source in protein, iron, Zn and biotin which are all essential for optimal hair health.
10) SOYBEANS– best source of spermidine, a compound that prolong the active phase of hair growth.
11) MEAT- great source of protein which is essential for healthy, strong hair.
e.g; red meat – rich in iron
B. APPLY ESSENTIAL OILS
Mix these essential oils that prevent hair damage, such as
– Olive oil
HAIR GROWTH DURING AND AFTER PREGNANCY
1. During pregnancy hormone estrogen actually causes a woman to have a higher ratio of hair follicles in the growing phase. Hence may feel that their hair is actually growing faster.
2. After the delivery, hair follicles return to the resting phase, making it appear as if they are shedding hair. Hence may feel like they are losing their hair at a faster rate than normal.
5 Best NATURAL OR HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR GROWTH
*Massaging the scalp can help to restore hair growth and can be used in conjunction with hair oils and masks.
*This stimulates the scalp and can improve hair thickness and also relieve stress and tension.
2) ALOE VERA
*It soothes the scalp and conditions hair, reduces dandruff and unblocks hair follicles that may be blocked by excess oil.
3) COCONUT OIL
*It contains fatty acids that penetrate inside the hair shaft and reduce protein loss from hair. It can be used either before or after you wash your hair depending on your hair type.
4) ONION JUICE
*It has been shown to successfully treat patchy alopecia areata by promoting hair growth. It also improves circulation.
*Apply the juice to your scalp and hair and leave in for at least 15 minutes, then shampoo normally.
*Use fresh lemon juice or lemon oil, to enhance hair quality and growth. It also helps to maintain healthy scalp.
*Apply fresh lemon juice to your scalp and hair for 15 minutes before you shampoo. It can also be used as hair mask.
7 Tips On HOW TO GROW HAIR FASTER IN MEN & WOMEN
World-renowned trichologist PHILIP KINGSLEY says that the human hair has the second fastest growing cells in our body- intestinal cells being the first.
TIP #1- EAT HEALTHY
Our hair reflects our overall health. For well-nurtured hair- here are the must-haves for a regular diet:
Your scalp (like your skin) can get dry. You should drink about 1.5-2 litres of water.
Hair is protein-based, so taking in more protein is essential. A serving of 120g of meat protein (for breakfast and lunch) is recommended. For vegetarians- you’ll want to go over 120g of plant-based sources such as nuts, beans, legumes and tofu.
Rich sources of biotin: salmon, oysters, avocados and nuts.
D) VITAMIN C
Vitamin c (a resource or producing collagen) is needed for healthy hair and skin. It plays an important role as a major antioxidant that “fights off all of the cellular damage we’re doing regularly”. Citrus fruits, sweet potatoes and red peppers are the top sources of vit c.
E) A GOOD BREAKFAST
Never underestimate the importance of a nutritious breakfast. It’s the refueling point for most of your body- including your scalp and hair follicles. A meal that’s complete with all of the above provides much needed energy to form hair cells.
TIP #2- AVOID VERY COLD SHOWERS
Try not to shower with chilly water- or at least try not to use it on your scalp.
REASON: 1. Cooler temperatures may constrict the capillaries on your scalp that “carry nutrients and pick up waste products from the skin’s surface”
2. To stay on the safe side – USE LUKEWARM WATER when starting off.
TIP #3- FOCUS ON LESS SHAMPOO, MORE CONDITIONER
1. It’s not advisable to shampoo your hair every single day. It causes the hair to become drier and more brittle.
2. It is better to do alternate day depending the hair or scalp condition (like oily) with mild shampoo.
3. A good conditioner helps to maintain the ends of the hair, minimizes the risk of tangles, split ends and breakage.
NOTE: Conditioners with waxes are not recommended- they can make your look thin and dull.
TIP #4- NEVER COMB YOUR HAIR WHILE DRIPPING WET
1. It’s best not to subject your hair to pulling or stretching whenever in its wettest state.
REASON: It’s most vulnerable to split ends or breaking off.
2. Better to dry with a towel before you gently use a comb or brush. No quick rubbing back and forth.
TIP #5- EXERCISE OFTEN
1. Cells rely on oxygen to duplicate and stay healthy. Oxygen reaches every cell through a fully operational blood circulation.
2. A half an hour cardio workout (like running or jogging or walking in the morning and evening) is good for not only to hair but also to whole body.
3. Along with that make it a habit to massage your scalp from time to time. It helps shake up the hair cells into a slightly more vigorous state.
TIP #6- SLEEP WELL
1. About 7-8 hours of sleep every night is ideal.
REASON: It is the state where the body is in constant repair mode. It also acts as a window for growth hormone to come out and speed up cell reproduction.
MORE SLEEP=MORE ACTIVE SCALP CELLS= MORE HAIR
TIP #7 – CHILL OUT (DONT WORRY)
1. A stressed state of mind is as big of a factor as the lack of physical health. The more you stress yourself out- the more it can burden your brain
2. The goal is to worry less. You can try going out for a run or watching comedy on tv and spend time with your beloved friends and family members.
Most of the factors that control hair growth are out of our day to day control. The best step you can take is to prevent hair loss and thinning due to poor nutrition. Be sure to eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated. Check in with your doctor if you feel that you are experiencing significant hair loss. Embrace a healthy lifestyle and your scalp can work its magic. Be patient …and you’ll soon get the desired length or even more. Keep smiling.